Over the past 9 weeks we have been discussing on the Top 100 Tips for BCP Success in 2012. We shared the Top Tips for BCP Office, Metrics, Management Oversight, Budget, Business Impact Analysis, Crisis Management, Recovery Plans, Exercises, Training and Awareness. As we wrap up this series we will cover the on the Top 100 Tips for BCP Success in 2012 we will focus on Top 15 Tips for The BCP Planner.
1. Get physically fit – The better you feel the better you can perform in life and in a crisis.
2. Create a great day – Every day is a new opportunity to improve something at home, in work, or for the world.
3. Have a will to do – As Abraham Lincoln said “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle”.
4. Make a decision today – Be empowered to act.
5. Be resilient – Setbacks are part of progress; the quicker you spring back the faster you can learn and move on.
6. Embrace Fear – Tackling fears head on allows you to conquer and move on.
7. Enthusiasm is contagious – Inspire those around you and you won’t be alone in the enterprise.
8. Be coachable – Everyone has something to learn; be open to what others are offering.
9. Eliminate the negative – Negativity rarely propels one forward. Although our job looks at possible negative situations, the core of the work is about finding a resolution.
10. How you do anything reflects how you do everything – Strive to be excellent at every task.
11. Look the part, be the part – Portray a success and you will be one.
12. Know what you do well and focus on making it great – Concentrate on the things that you do well and that interest you; develop those to the highest level.
13. Small actions lead to massive actions
14. Become indispensable – Become a central figure in a pivotal part of your business.
15. Execute, Execute, Execute